Rio Teeth Whitening
The Teeth Whitening system uses advanced blue-light treatment technology to give professional results in the comfort of your own home.
With adjustable power levels and treatment modes, including a quick top-up option, this professional unit offers a high performance solution with the benefit of a supported mouth piece for added comfort.
Features of Rio Teeth Whitening:
- For a brighter, whiter smile
- Blue-light treatment technology to give professional results in the comfort of your own home
- Ideal for stains caused by tea, coffee, red wine and discolouration due to smoking
- Adjustable power and two treatment modes, including a quick top-up option
How to Use Teeth Whitening:
Forming your mouthpiece
Step 1: Place 4cm of hot water from the tap (do NOT use boiling water) into a suitable container and submerge the end of mouthpiece for approximately 60 seconds.
Step 2: Carefully remove the mouthpiece taking care not to damage the mouthpiece whilst in a pliable state. Carefully shake off any excess water.
Step 3: Position teeth inside the channels, the mouthpiece will feel hot against your gums - this is normal. Bite down gently. Hold in place for 30 seconds.
Step 4: Remove mouthpiece, and place into cold water to cool for 60 seconds. If necessary, repeat steps 1-4 to make the mouth piece fit more comfortably. Your mouthpiece is now ready to use.
Preparation for Teeth Whitening Session:
Step 1: Wash the mouth piece with warm water, (the mouth pieces are pre-sterilised). Push the mouthpiece onto the location tab on the front of the blue light transmitter. Secure in position with the band passing round the sides and back of the transmitter.
Step 2: Remove the cap from the syringe of whitening gel. Syringe a line of gel into the mouth piece.Replace the syringe cap
Using your teeth whitening unit:
Step 1: Connect the mains adapter into the power adapter socket on the back of the unit and plug into the mains. Use the security key to unlock and turn on the unit. Press the mode button to select the programme you wish to use. The programme indicators will illuminate to show which programme is selected.
Step 2: Use the +/- buttons to select the power level. Put the mouth piece into your mouth so that it rests against your teeth. Once in place relax your lips over the mouth piece.
Step 3: Press the start/pause button of the teeth whitening set to start treatment. The lights on the countdown timer will indicate the time remaining. When the treatment is complete remove the mouth piece from the blue light transmitter and wash well with warm water. Allow to air dry before storing. Rinse out mouth with water (do not swallow).
Treatment Areas of Rio Teeth Whitening Kit:
Contents of your Rio Teeth Whitening purchase:
- Professional Teeth Whitening unit
- 5 x teeth whitening gel
- 3 x teeth whitening mouthpieces
- Safety key
Best Professional Teeth Whitening
Precautions using Rio Professional Teeth Whitening:
- Please read instructions carefully and retain for future reference.
- Do not ingest.
- Do not use during orthodontics treatment.
- Not recommended for use by pregnant women.
- When using whitening gel avoid contact with eyes. If gel gets into eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not use more than once a day.
- Do not use for longer than 20 minutes at one time.
- In the event of discomfort stop using the product and rinse well with water.
- If you have receding gums or any form of gum disease or tooth infection you must consult your dentist before using this treatment.We do not recommend for use if you suffer from gingivitis or mouth ulcers, or if you have any mouth injuries.
- If you experience tooth/gum sensitivity or irritation, discontinue use and consult your dentist. We recommend informing your dentist if you use teeth whitening.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities,or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Keep out of reach of children. This product is not recommended for use by children under the age of 14 years. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
How soon will I start seeing results of this Home Teeth Whitening kit?
In most cases you will start to see results immediately after the first treatment. It is not unusual for teeth to whiten by several shades during the first few applications.However, results do vary from user to user. Yellow stains respond very quickly and dramatically in comparison to dull, blue/grey stains which are poor to respond. If you have particularly deep staining to your teeth a number of treatments may be required.
How often can I use the teeth whitener?
Initially the treatment is safe to use weekly or even daily for the first month. Once you have reached your goal we recommend using top-up treatments.
How often will I need to repeat the the teeth whitening treatment?
Frequency of usage of Teeth Whitening Kit depends on your age and diet. If you continue to eat the foods and drinks which have caused staining to your teeth your teeth will re-stain over time. We generally recommend a ‘top-up' treatment once a month, providing you take proper care of your teeth as instructed by your dentist and in this leaflet.
Can I use Rio Professional Teeth Whitening of caps and crowns?
The Teeth Whitening kit will only whiten natural teeth, however, it is safe to use on false teeth. The Teeth Whitening treatment will not whiten false teeth, including caps, crowns, veneers, dentures, bridges or fillings. You will need to have any false teeth replaced if you want them to match your new white teeth.
How should I store the Teeth Whitening Gel?
Store the Teeth Whitening Gel out of direct sunlight in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
What causes yellow teeth?
Although found in different shades, when teeth begin to form they all grow with an external white enamel. The foods and drinks we eat, such as tea, coffee, red wine and strong colouring in foods, gradually stain this white surface.Abrasive tooth pastes and hard tooth brushes (along with age) also accelerate the erosion of the tooth surface - the white enamel - exposing the yellow dentin core which lies beneath.