Elos Me Epilator
Me My Elos is a latest-technology epilator, a leading, prize-winning machine, that allows for professional-quality hair removal at home. Elos is the light technology used, a step ahead of laser and IPL.
Me My Elos can be used alone, or along with any of the two accesories (sold apart) - the shaver or epilator.
Elos, compared to IPL and laser, offers greater level of efficacy, superior levels of safety and user comfort, as well as far shorter treatment times. Elos is a combination of RF (radiofrequency) and IPL (intense-pulsed light) through an output of gentle pulses. When an elos pulse is emitted from the epilator the energy is deposited in the skin, selectively targeting the hair follicle. If the energy reaching the follicle is high enough, it permanently damages the hair follicle and that specific follicle that was damaged will not be able to grow hair any more. Not all hair follicles in the skin area treated by the elos pulse can be successfully damaged in a given treatment since hair follicles are sensitive to thermal damage only at certain phases of their life cycle. Permanent hair reduction means that when a follicle is thermally damaged it is not able to grow a terminal hair again.
Because there are many millions of follicles that can potentially grow hair on the body, and since a significant portion of them is not at the right growth phase, it is not realistic to expect that every single follicle in the treatment area will be disabled. Moreover, many of the follicles in the skin don't have hair that is visible on the surface of the skin. These follicles have a much lower level of sensitivity to thermal damage so that even when they are exposed to the elos pulse they will not be disabled. These follicles have the potential of growing “new hair” later in time. Over several treatments with appropriate intervals, most of the follicles that cycle through hair growth will be affected by the elos procedure and will be critically injured so they are permanently disabled. It is important to remember that the body is converting these inactive or dormant follicles to grow later in life just as normal part of hair growth cycle or as a result of many factors: hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, menopause, disease or medications, obesity, or idiopathic causes. Every follicle destroyed will not grow back .
Elos is 100% safe as has been demonstrated through years of trial.
Treatment with Elos Me:
See that you are treating each area according to the minimum times displayed in the User Manual and continuously glide on your skin following the elos pulses to destroy as many follicles possible. Verify that you glide the applicator in a slow enough motion, so flashes follow each other and are not sporadically emitted on different spots of treated area. The lamp flashes pulses but you do not need to worry about that. Just let the flashes flash away while you glide the machine over the areas. If you are using the epilator accessory then it is easier to see where you have glided over for the hair will be removed inmediately. So, no need to calculate your position, wait for next pulse, draw grids, watch for overlaps, or concentrate. Allow 10 seconds to pass before returning to an area, if you see this is necessary.
To ensure permanent hair reduction results (89% terminal hair reduction after 7 treatments) you must use your epilator once a week, for 7 weeks. After that only maintenance is required whenever you see suitable. As you progress – you will notice longer and longer intervals between these touch up treatments. This is a gradual and cumulative reduction. When hair does grow back between each of the treatments, there will be less of it, and it will be finer, lighter and slower growing.
Lamp of the Elos Me Hair Remover:
The Me My Elos comes included with a long-lasting quartz, which provides 300,000 shots. One complete body session requires around 6,000 shots, hence this lamp will cover and exceed all your needs and is apt for complete family sessions).
Technical Details of the My Elos:
• Height: 11cm
• Width: 18cm
• Length: 18cm
• Weight: 1.400 kg
Body Parts to be used with Me My Elos Epilator:
You can use the Me My Elos epilator on practically all the male and female body, but read the manual to see which specific spots should not be treated. Typically it is used to remove hair on the arms, legs, armpits, bikini area, legs, chest, abdomen and back. Do not use Iluminage touch on male facial hair, tattoos, moles or permanent makeup.
Precautions using My Elos Hair Remver:
• Me My Elos is designed for the removal of human body hair. Any other use is expressly prohibited; DO NOT use the system for removal of hair on your face or head.
• DO NOT use Me My Elos over tattoos or permanent makeup.
• During treatment, DO NOT hold the applicator tip of the elosme still in one spot! This might cause extensive heat build-up and possible skin damage.
• If within the last three days you have had a long skin exposure to the sun,or if you have excessively tanned skin from sun, tanning beds or tanning creams within the last two weeks.
• If you have a pacemaker or internal defibrillator.
• If you have superficial metal or other implants in the desired treatment area.
• If you have a history of any type of cancer, or pre-malignant moles.
• If you suffer from severe conditions such as cardiac disorders.
• If you have varicose veins in the treatment area.
• If you have moles, large freckles, darker pigmented areas, scars or birthmarks.
• If you are pregnant or nursing.
• If you have an impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV, or use of immunosuppressive medications.
• If you have endocrine disorders, such as Diabetes or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
Me My Elos for Men too
• If you have any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema, burns, herpes simplex, wounds or a rash.
• If you have a history of skin disorders abnormal wound healing, as well as very dry and fragile skin.
• If you have a history of bleeding coagulopathies, or use of anticoagulants.
• If you are using medications, herbs, food supplements, and vitamins known to induce photosensitivity to light exposure at the wavelength used, such as Isotretinoin (Accutane) and /or topical retinoids within the last six months, Tetracyclines, or St. John's Wort within the last two weeks.
• If you are using medications that may stimulate hair growth, such as Minoxidil. If you have had any surgical procedure in the treatment area within the last three months or before complete healing.
• If you have Epilepsy.
• If you have applied any type of anesthetics.
• If you are on gold therapy.
Use of My Elos for Female Face:
Iluminage Touch can be used on the male body, but do not use it on male facial hair.
Me My Elos can be used on female facial hair (below eyes). Please use the goggles included and read the manual carefully. A facial accessory is included free, which minimizes light beam, and allows for more precision in epilation.
Existing facial hair should be no longer than 1mm before starting treatment. If necessary, wax, shave, trim or use a depilatory cream before treatment. If waxing, ensure you perform treatment immediately afterwards.
Use of Me My Elos for Male Face:
Not to be used on male facial hair.
Me My Elos for Black Skin Too
Me My Elos can be used on all skin colors, including black skin. The only machine existent that can can be used on black skin!
Hair Colors for My Elos:
Me My Elos is the only epilator that can be used on all hair colors, including blonde, red or grey hair! To achieve maximum efficacy we recommend that me is used with the epilator attachment (sold separately). The epilator plucks the hair and creates microscopic damage to the hair follicle, creating a target for the elos pulse to actively treat the cells to prevent future regrowth.
1)- If you have one of these specific hair types and do not use the epilator attachment, the efficacy of the elos technology is greatly reduced and a great number of treatments will be required.
2)- Do not use epilator accessory on the face.
Preparation for session with My Elos Epilator:
Me My Elos is used like shavers or epilators. Glide it over your skin slowly. It is the fastest machine in the market.
Me My Elos can be used alone, or with (optional) shaver or epilator accessories, whichever is more convenient. These are sold apart. This is ideal if you wish to remove hairs immediately while working on your long-term hair removal. With the use of accessories, as iluminage touch passes over the surface, hair can be removed at the same time. No other permanent hair removal machine gives this unique benefit. Quite the opposite, other machines require that you DO NOT remove the hair from the root between session and session. This is a big problem for many people that are accustomed to waxing, tweezing or epilating to ensure smooth skin and longer-term hair removal than shaving.
Treatment times with the Elos device:
Here are some examples:
Full body in 32 minutes. Full leg in 10 minutes. Underarm in 1 minute. Bikini area in 2 minutes. Male back in 12 minutes.
Just glide it over the area as you would with an epilator or shaver.
Doctors´ Opinions about Me My Elos:
Me My Elos is a most effective at-home hair removal device existent at this time, which is suitable for all skin types and hair colors. Most of the patients achieve an average hair reduction of almost 90% after 7 treatments. This remarkable clinical result and the safety and ease of use of the device - offer a new approach for treating unwanted hair at home".
- Dr. David Friedman, Dermatologist, Friedman Skin and Laser Center, Jerusalem, Israel
“With elos technology I can perform exceptional efficacious hair removal treatments with the greatest level of comfort. Unlike other hair removal procedures that only destroy the hair shaft, elos technology actually destroys the hair follicle, producing a faster, gentler and safer way to remove unwanted hair of the body areas. My patients are extremely happy with the results and they report effective hair loss!"
- Dr. Francesca de Angelis, Plastic Surgeon, DE.A. CENTER - Laser & Plastic Surgery Clinic, Napoli, Italy
“The unique thing about elos technology is that it combines 2 different modalities, a light modality in conjunction with radio frequency. What this allows us to do is treat more and more patients of all skin types with very little down time. The safety level of this technology is unparalleled and it's something that we are very excited to be able to offer to our patients over the last several years.”
- Dr. Vince Afsahi, South Coast Dermatology Institute, California , USA